Our church, the centre of the village, dates from medieval times and is a Grade I listed building. With a famous Jacobean interior and church spire, it is of particular interest to visitors from both home and abroad. The church receives no funding from the State or Diocese for the repair and restoration of the building. Whilst the church family can manage the day-to-day housekeeping bills, it is not large enough to meet the costs of the building without help from the wider community.
We are writing to ask for your help to preserve this unique building. Would you consider becoming a Friend of St Mary the Virgin Croscombe and at the same time enjoy some worthwhile benefits?
You do not have to be a churchgoer to be a Friend. It is open to anyone. The aim of becoming a Friend is to help preserve the fabric of the Church. Become a member online
• Help to protect the architecture of the building
• Protect the heritage of the building for future generations
• Keep the history of the area intact
• Preserve an English tradition
• Receive free invitations to Friends events each year
• Gain supervised access to Church registers and records
• Have online access and receive regular information about Croscombe, the people, the history and the church through our website. Receive newsletters or join us on facebook and contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Register online by completing the form or by returning the paper application form and standing order.
We ask you to consider completing a Gift Aid Certificate and regular gifts make a huge difference to our work, enabling us to plan for the future and make the most of your donation.
All regular gifts are welcome, large or small, and setting up a monthly or yearly payment is quick and easy.
If you wish to make annual payments via Direct Debit, or make an alternative payment, please download the form attached and send your membership to:
Friends of St Mary’s Croscombe
Somerset BA5 3RP